HomeAboutContact

Thursday, August 13, 2015

All about your teacher

Hi Everyone!! I am Joanna Powell. I have been a first grade teacher at Tanglewood Elementary for 19  years. I received my Master's Degree from UNCP in 2000. In 2000,I was nominated by a coworker for The Disney Teaching Award. I have been awarded a grant for leappads from Donors Choose.  I love my job and love teaching first grade.

I am originally from Clarion, Pennsylvania. I moved here in 1997 and have been here in Lumberton ever since. I met my husband, Marvin who was stationed at Fort Bragg in 2000. He is now a SFC in the NC National Guard and works on Bragg as a Guard Technician.We were married in 2002. We have two sons. Noah is a 7th grader at Littlefield Middle School and Eli is a kindergardener at Tanglewood.

We live on Walnut street and are enjoying our sons as they grow. We are active members of Vertical Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment